During the construction of the house, decorative facade plaster is used, which is necessary for leveling the walls before finishing and painting. The choice of such a building mixture must be approached seriously. Regular putty suitable for interior decoration can not be used. For exterior work there is a special type of putty.
The main advantages of the facade putty
The main qualities of the building mixture are not only its protective functions from various external adverse forms of exposure, leading to the destruction of surfaces, but also the creation of a beautiful facade design. External plaster is characterized by the following properties:
- Strength. Mechanical loads are rarely exposed. If the walls for any reason will experience such loads, the plaster layer will protect against destruction.
- Water resistance. This type of building mixture under the influence of moisture does not change. Putty is a protective coating that prevents the destruction of walls by water.
- Vapor permeability External plaster is a breathable building material, that is, it allows oxygen and vapors to pass outside, thereby maintaining the original surface structure of the building wall.
- Good thermal insulation and sound insulation. Outdoor putty helps to preserve heat in the house and reduce the level of street noise.
- Resistance to climatic changes and sudden temperature changes. High-quality putty for facades has a high resistance to aggressive sunlight, various precipitations, and even to radiation compounds. Facade plastering is performed under adverse climatic conditions.
- Easy to use. Plastering surfaces can be carried out independently, if there is little experience in construction.
- The possibility of using for interior decoration.
- The embodiment of various design solutions and a large selection of colors. With the help of decorative facade plaster can embody any design ideas. A variety of color palette is obtained by adding colors to the building mixture. You can create different patterns and textures, while correctly, correctly applying layers of material. The choice of color and ornament depends on the design decision and technology of the coating.
- Cost In comparison with other finishing materials, wall plastering is more profitable. The price per item depends on the structure of the coating and its properties.
These characteristics are available in almost any decorative type of facade putty, but it is worth knowing that the degree of manifestation of certain properties may differ from the type of mixture selected and its components.
Brief description of the main types of putties
Depending on the purpose, the facade putty for exterior work is the following:
- Starting. This type of putty is used for the bottom finish (base layer) of the surface. The structure of starting mixtures is coarse-grained. The thickness of the application of the starting layer of putty varies from 2-20 mm. These mixtures are very durable, easy to process. Due to these properties it is often used for leveling the surface.
- Finish This putty is applied at the final stage of facade work, with the help of it the surface becomes even and smooth. The structure of the finishing mixture is fine. The thickness of the layer of putty no more than 4 mm. If necessary, additional painting is carried out. In comparison with the starting finish putty is not as strong.
- Universal. This type of putty combines the properties of the two previous ones. For finishing the exterior facade such fillers are used extremely rarely.
For the facade of the building used putty with polymer (acrylic, latex) or cement base. Description of the mixtures are presented below:
- Cement (mineral) putty - based on cement. It has high strength, frost resistance, moisture resistance. Before use, it is necessary to prepare the solution according to the enclosed instructions with observance of all proportions. After drying, the mortar does not form cracks. The color range of this type is limited, a mixture with a gray and white shade. To obtain the desired color of the facade you need to additionally carry out painting. The composition of the starting cement facade putty includes crushed sand. The finishing look of the mixture includes ground quartz sand, finely ground limestone and microcalcite. Unlike putties with a polymer base, the price of cement is much lower.
- Latex putty - made on the basis of latex. There are finishing and leveling. Latex putty is used for both interior and exterior. Available in the form of ready-made pastes without chemical smell. The main advantages are durability, moisture resistance and durability, and the disadvantage is the high cost per unit.
- Acrylic putty - this kind of mixture can be used for any finish. Mixtures are available in the finished version. Additional dilution with water is not necessary. Due to the main component - acrylic, such putties are cold-resistant, flexible, moisture-resistant, reliable and protect the surface from fungal infections. Acrylic facade mixture is applied to the surface with a thin layer (1-3 mm). The disadvantages include high material consumption and the need for grinding work in a protective mask.
The last two types of fillers are more modern in relation to the first. Included in the special components improve the properties of building mixtures.
Silicon and silicate putty are also used for plastering the facade. Silicone mortar is a versatile material that protects the surface from any type of precipitation. Silicone prevents the development of harmful microorganisms and fungal lesions on the walls, and also contributes to the long preservation of the presentable appearance of the facade. The main advantage of silicone plaster is a large variety of color palette and elasticity. Silicate putty is vapor-permeable, suitable for finishing surfaces of aerated concrete. This mixture is flexible, easy to apply, resistant to dirt.
The technology of applying facade putty
Apply the facade putty only in two ways:
In the first case, mortar is applied to the surface with a special device under high pressure. This method has disadvantages: uneven application of layers of plaster and high demands on the finished mixture, so the manual method is more often chosen.
Before applying the putty it is necessary to clean the surface from particles of dust, dirt, greasy stains. To prevent the development of the fungus and the strength of adhesion of the layers, it is necessary to treat the walls with a special solution.
If a ready-made mixture is used, then before applying it must be thoroughly mixed, if dry is selected, then prepare according to the instructions. Cooked facade putty can be used for three hours. Puttying is carried out as follows: the cracks of the depression are plastered, then the surface is leveled. If the mortar is applied in several layers, then it is necessary to prime each layer.
Choice of facade putty
There are always high demands on decorative facade putty. The main criterion for their selection is resistance to various climatic conditions. Selecting the facade putty carefully examine its filler (its fraction) in the material and technical characteristics. From this will depend on the evenness of the processed walls. Layers of plaster will lie more evenly if it is less. Cement hard putties have a large granular fraction, but despite this they are more in demand. Ready-made paste mixtures have the best properties.
High-quality facade putty should meet the following requirements:
- quick to grab;
- do not crack;
- be durable and plastic, that is, for a long time to maintain its "viability";
- be easy to handle;
- possibility of combining with used paintwork materials.
For a long time, decorative facade plaster remains a finishing material for residential buildings and houses for various purposes. With its help, you can carry out your ideas by applying different shades and patterns. A wide range of facade putty is on sale, thanks to which everyone will be able to choose the right mixture.