Properly chosen combination of colors in the repair is necessary in all areas, in particular, in the kitchen, where the beautiful half spends almost all the free time from work. In the process of creating an interior, designers spend an enormous amount of time selecting the background color and colorful things that catch the eye and pay attention to the smallest details that create the atmosphere. As you know, pink tone brings peace and tranquility, also contributes to improving mood. Due to these factors, most often pink color can be found in the design of bedrooms, living rooms and children's rooms. However, pink wallpaper in the kitchen can also be found, and quite often.
Pink kitchen is often found in homes and apartments. There is a question: why should you use this color in the kitchen? Pink color has many positive properties:
- improves appetite;
- reduces pressure;
- reduces anxiety;
- reduces pulse rate;
- external noise in a room with such a color seems quieter.
Despite all of these aspects, many homeowners are unkind to this color, associating this tone with lightheadedness and lack of taste. Do not forget that in the world there are many different shades of pink, which perfectly interact with other less lively and inert tones, and the kitchen, made in combination with them will not look like a “Barbie house”. Pink kitchen with correctly chosen tones can become one of the favorite places in the apartment (house). Any dish, any company and any conversations acquire a different shade on the background of a pink coating of soft color.
Creation of optical illusions
Pink color tends to visually make more pieces of furniture or space, without making it heavier, but rather making it “easier”. This means that if you choose the right color combination, then the kitchen in pink color will seem a little more than it actually is, but it will not be huge, it will not crush. If you make one of the walls in this color, you can visually increase the area and increase the ceiling.
Despite the fact that pink belongs to the warm colors, its countless shades can appear in cold colors. Warm colors of pink visually make the room wider, and cold ones slightly increase the vertical space. If you are the owner of a small, low-lit "northern" kitchen, then the peach, light salmon, powder will create coziness and warmth in your kitchen, make it lighter and more spacious. If you have kitchen windows on the south side, then you can safely use cold shades, for example, fuchsia, lavender or raspberry.
Any pink color, saturated or not, must be diluted with a huge baggage of neutral, soothing shades. Calm light pink shades can be used in a huge amount, however, it is still necessary to adhere to proportionality 1: 1 or 1: 2 with some other calm color. The priority is to combine light pink with white. In the interior of the kitchen light pink, you can make wallpaper as a background, racks, kitchen set or curtains. The more intense and variegated tones of pink are very dynamic and can attract all the attention to themselves, therefore it is recommended to resort to them only as color accents. For example, several bright chairs, curtains, objects that make up the decor, apron, cover on one wall.
The choice of tone, based on style
Dynamic, variegated shades are mainly suitable for creating kitchen interiors in modern styles. In the interior of a retro or pop-art kitchen, carmine or, on the contrary, pale pink in combination with white, black, orange or blue will perfectly suit. The classic style, as well as the traditional chebbi-chic, country and Provence, allow only gentle and soothing shades of pink.
Companion colors selection
When creating your new pink kitchen design or updating an old one, you need to master the work with the Itten color wheel. Ittena's color wheel allows a combination of pink with brown, pale blue, mint green, white, gray, turquoise and olive.
Pink as background, pink furniture
To create a cozy and cheerful atmosphere in the kitchen, you can use a pink color as a background. Paper or colorful coating can be not only monophonic. A floral pattern or a traditional ribbon with a predominance of pink color looks great in the kitchen.
The use of pink glossy furniture in the interior will add modernity and extravagance to the kitchen. A simple pink drapery of chairs can give a neutral interior decoration notes of style.
Sometimes the smallest detail in the work area, for example, a motley pink apron, is enough to create an interior. Or a glossy tile of a delicate pink hue and additional lighting devices aimed at it, which will catch the eye and set a special mood, may become the main feature of the kitchen interior design, besides visually increasing the space.
You can also use pink accessories, provided that your kitchen is no longer loaded with this color, for example, on a gray-neutral plane, properly placed dishes or pale-pink kitchen devices will create a special atmosphere of comfort and coziness. Pink textiles in the design will give the kitchen femininity and tenderness.
- The combination of pink and white. This pair can be called perfect. White makes it softer and, in some cases, more tender pink. This combination is the most traditional and win-win, as this white-pink pair can be diluted with any color of the rainbow.
- The interaction of black with pink enhances the intensity of pink. Pink wallpaper in the kitchen, in combination with black floor or furniture look very extravagant and impressive.
- Gray-pink cuisine, more precisely, this relationship is considered traditional. Great looks kitchen in a gray-pink tones.
- The beige-pink kitchen is distinguished by its tenderness and smoothness. The paper covering with soft pink patterns calmly flows into the pattern of beige linoleum, which is made in the form of parquet.
- The combination of pink and brown will add severity to the first color.
- Green is in the spectrum of colors directly parallel to the pink, so a combination of these colors in the interior is allowed. Even in nature, we can often observe this connection (green stem of the plant, green leaves and a beautiful pink flower), which we subconsciously associate with something positive.
- Yellow and blue colors are in harmony with pink, if they have a cold tone. Pink kitchen, diluted with lemon or turquoise hues, will look extravagant. In the kitchen in the style of pop art with pink you can use orange and red colors.
Psychological impact of pink
Psychologists say that the pink color is the most passive and helps reduce internal and external aggression. They note that the pink color in the room leads to peace and tranquility. Color therapists recommend applying pink in the decoration of the kitchen to people who are prone to depression. Gentle shades cause associations with something pleasant, contribute to improving vitality and the feeling of fullness of life.