Facing the porch tiles - a great way to solve the problem with the choice of coverage. The wooden porch is quickly iztrёtsya, cracks and fails. Natural stone is heavy and expensive - the same granite requires large investments and great labor for installation. Plastic is not inferior to the tree in the speed of wear and, moreover, it always looks cheap.
In order not to deal with all these shortcomings, it is better to make a porch of paving slabs, but you need to use other types of tiles, not tiles.
Types of tiles
Outdoor tiles for the porch should be resistant to frost and moisture, durable and beautiful at the same time. There are not many varieties that meet all requirements.
Rubber tile for porch steps
Rubber is a cheap material, and tiles are often made from waste products, but this does not affect its performance at all. Rubber is resistant to frost, is not afraid of moisture, easily tolerates any mechanical effect. Falling on it is difficult to break something - the coating is too soft. Rubberized, it is flexible enough so that they can fit all potentially sharp corners, and it is strong enough to be easily cleaned with a metal scraper. The market offers a huge selection of rubber tiles - they come in a wide variety of sizes and colors. Moreover, you can order according to your own tastes and choose the best option for decoration.
Rubber is also easily cut and can be used for finishing work on a porch of complex shape.
Porcelain tile is made from a mixture of natural stone and ceramics, which gives the product additional advantages over simple ceramics. It is characterized by high strength and high resistance to moisture - in order to lay it on the porch of the house they do not use cement mortar, precisely because the tile will not be taken. It has a natural pattern, looks like a stone and is resistant to abrasion - for many years of use the pattern will not be erased, as it is applied to the deepest layers. It does not require special care, it is easy to clean, does not freeze and does not slip, which is very important for the decoration of the porch.
It is made from high quality clay, which is first strongly pressed, then fired at very high temperatures. As a result, the clinker tiles can be clad with anything - laying out the porch with it is just as good an idea as laying out the ballroom with it. It does not slip, has frost resistance, does not require special care and easily tolerates temperature extremes. Thanks to the processing method, it can be of any color and carry any patterns, which enhances its aesthetic qualities. Facing it with a porch means getting the most presentable and comfortable front door.
A natural stone
If the concrete tile for the steps of the porch is a good solution, and the clinker tiles for the porch outside are good, then natural stone is excellent. The tile from it can serve for many years, does not demand leaving, frost-resistant, resistant to attrition. It is impossible to erase its natural pattern from a stone - even years later marble or granite tiles for a porch will look just as good. But at the same time the number of drawings is limited. There is no rich blue granite, do not find hot pink marble. Stone drawing can only be natural. In addition, the stone has two drawbacks - its high cost and its severity. For steps to the porch, it may be too expensive option, which also does not stand the main bearing surface. To lay the tiles on the steps of the porch was successful, you need to count a lot and be ready for force majeure.
Neither vinyl tiles nor ordinary tiles are suitable for outdoor use. Only rubber, porcelain, clinker or stone fit - and even then not all. It is necessary to carefully look at the label that will be provided with the package.
What to look for when buying?
First of all, to choose a tile for the porch, you need to look at the symbols that can be found on any package:
- Abrasion The designation of abrasion looks like a trace from the sole, and it depends on it how quickly the tile will lose its presentation and isotret. It depends on the coefficient how many people will have to go over the facing surfaces in order to change them. It varies from one to five, and for the porch the average coefficient is quite enough - three or, if you expect a lot of visitors, four.
- Slip Non-slip tiles are a must for the porch, as falling down the steps is much easier than slipping on a regular floor. The slide is marked with the letter R and varies. It is worth buying a tile with a coefficient not lower than nine. Anti-slip tiles for the porch should have a rough surface or shallow grooves pattern.
- Resistance to frost. Frost resistance is indicated not under the letter, but under the snowflake pattern, and can vary from zero to three hundred. It should be chosen according to the severity of winter in the region - if the temperature barely falls below zero, it will be enough to lay tiles with the marking of twenty-five. If the temperature drops below ten, then a hundred will be needed.
- Resistance to aggressive environment. An aggressive environment is indicated by a chemical flask pattern and may vary. For home conditions, a high figure is not needed - ten percent will be enough for the tile to be practically insensitive to moisture.
- Hardness. The hardness depends on how resistant the tile is to mechanical stress. The coefficient varies from one to ten, the higher it is, the greater the stability. The symbol looks like a stylized diamond.
- Flexural strength. It depends on how the tile is flexible. Frost-resistant anti-slip tiles for the porch, if it is not rubber, usually have a rather low coefficient. But in rubber it is almost one hundred percent - they can even arrange semicircular steps.
- Tile thickness The strength of the coating, which will be the result, depends on this - the thinner the tile, the easier it is to break, and the lower the coefficient, the thinner it is. For masonry it is better to buy tiles with average values.
- Square tiles in the box. It is relevant for any wholesale purchase - and buying tiles for even the smallest porch one by one will fail. It depends on how many square meters can be covered with the contents of the box. And it is always better to take more than buy more later.
- Box weight In order not to wrestle with not only how to lay the tile on the steps, but also how to bring it, you need to take such a box, which will be relatively easy to pick up. Weight depends on the number of tiles and how thin it is.
- The number of tiles in the box. From this indicator depends on how much effort will be required to understand how to tile a porch. Each of them will be in its place, which must be pre-determined. The smaller the tile size, the more effort you have to spend.
Facing the porch with paving tiles implies an interest not only in the marking on the box, but also in following certain rules:
- Inspection. Before you buy a tile, you should make sure that everything is in order. Chips should be smooth. The surface is devoid of visible flaws.
- Reading reviews. The best way to choose a good seller is to find out from friends or read reviews on the Internet. Even the pavement can be done with blemishes - in the case of the same tile, this is doubly and triple. It is aggravated by the fact that a person without education will not see problems.
In addition, it should be remembered that when thinking about which tile to choose, you should not forget about the aesthetic side of the issue.
What should the tile look like?
Laying tiles on the porch is half the battle. Putting it in such a way that it makes the entrance aesthetic and fits well with the overall design is much more difficult.
- Compatibility Floor tiles, which lay out the porch, should fit the entire house, to its overall style. Staircase rubber tiles can not be decorated with the classics. A porch lined with natural stone will look ridiculous at a simple village house.
- Colour. Bright color, which can be done by buying rubber tiles, does not suit everywhere. It is necessary to pick up his and the more muffled natural version wisely. A good solution would be to take a picture of the house and think about the color that fits, using a special combination table.
- Design. Patterns and drawings allow you to transform a tile covering completely, but by themselves. detached from the whole, they will look tasteless. Only by being part of the overall design can they become an ornament.
Choosing a tile, trying to figure out how to properly, why not taking a tile, trying to figure out the labeling can take some time, but in the end they will definitely pay off. Properly selected tiles will please the eye of everyone who enters and will last for many, many years.
It is enough from time to time to wipe it with a rag and replace individual parts if problems arise with them.